The Brown-Duffy Memorial Endowed Maintenance Scholarship Fund
The Brown-Duffy Memorial Endowed Maintenance Scholarship fund has been established by employees of the Maintenance Department of the University of Alabama. Created to honor appropriately the memory of the late Henry Brown and Jerone Duffy, both former Maintenance Department employees, and to promote the education of deserving Maintenance Department employees, their dependents, grandchildren, and future descendants who attend the University of Alabama.
- When can I apply?
- Applications will be accepted annually during the month of February. (Brown-Duffy-Application)
- Application is located at https://uafacilities.ua.edu/maintenance-scholarship-fund/.
- Upon submitting your online application, it will automatically be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much is the scholarship?
The total annual amount will vary and will be determined by the selection committee
- When will the recipient of the scholarship be announced?
The endowed scholarship will be awarded for one academic year at the University of Alabama and will be credited to the student’s account at the beginning of each semester. Announcement of the award will be made during the month of April.
- What other educational benefits are available?
Currently eligible full-time employees may receive a benefit equal to 100% of the tuition costs for up to three (3) credit hours during the fall and spring semesters and up to six (6) credit hours during the summer terms.
Please visit the Educational Benefits for further details. https://hr.ua.edu/wellness-work-life/financial-wellness/educational-benefit