Image of Bryant Denny Stadium with crowd on gameday.

Our Mission:

The Grounds Use Permit Department is responsible for coordinating, approving, and managing each event through multiple departments, deans, facilities and policy standards. The safety of our students, campus guests, faculty, and staff is paramount to the overall success of each event we coordinate.

Grounds Use Permit FAQs

Grounds Use Permits Gallery

Employee Directory

Contact Information

          Office Hours:
               Monday – Friday
               8:00am – 5:00pm
          Office Email:
          Office Number:
          Physical Address:
               1205 14th Street
               Suite 210
               Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
          Mailing Address:
               BOX 870294
               Tuscaloosa, AL 35487

Board Resolution on Free Speech and Expression

Free Speech Report

How to Submit a Request:

Submit the Grounds Use Permit Form for coordination to:

Registered Student Organizations must submit applications online through the Source:

The Source Event Smart Training and Registration

Unless for tailgating purposes, any event to be held at the Student Center, Plaza, Lawn or Promenade will need to complete a Reservation Request through the Student Center Event Planning Office:

Student Center Reservations

Any event in which minors will be in attendance needs to review the Youth Program Registration website through the University’s Compliance Office to ensure all registration requirements are met:

Youth Program

Any event planning to have food or beverages through a caterer will need to review the Approved Caterer’s list from the Risk Management website:

Outside Vendor Catering Program

Any event planning to have a Temporary Structure (i.e. tents or stage) larger than 400 square feet will be required to complete Environmental Health & Safety’s Temporary Structure Form:

Temporary Structures Form

Any event planning to have alcoholic beverages will need to submit a Request To Serve Alcohol Form to the Registrar’s office for approval:

Request to Serve Alcohol Form