Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
The University of Alabama’s Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Maintenance Department is responsible for maintaining the various heating and cooling systems on the UA campus. Our goal is to maintain a building environment that is conducive to work and study by ensuring HVAC system reliability, comfortable building temperature control, and high indoor air quality; while also helping to ensure the financial stability of the University by providing a HVAC system that is cost effective and by efficiently managing the campus’s energy use.
Request for Maintenance Service — If you are experiencing a maintenance related problem, please contact the maintenance department by one of the following methods:
- Routine maintenance request for service should be submitted through your building representative.
- If you are a Housing Resident, contact Regina Stapleton at 348-6188 to report maintenance related problems.
- If you have an emergency maintenance problem, call the UA Customer Service Response Center directly at 348-6001.
University of Alabama Temperature Guidelines — In order to maintain reasonable comfort levels inside the campus buildings and lower energy costs, the University has established the following standards for building heating and cooling:
- Summer thermostat settings for air conditioning are to be 74 to 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Winter settings for heating are to be 68 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exceptions to these guidelines must be approved by the UA Facilities Department.
HVAC Department Contacts
|Greg McKelvey||Executive Director, Maintenance Operations & Energy Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||348-8274|
|Randy Mathis||Manager, HVACemail@example.com||348-4709|
|Alan Kizziah||Assistant Manager, HVACfirstname.lastname@example.org||348-9300|
|Lisa Ford||Facilities Associate, HVACemail@example.com||348-4616|